Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sponsorship

So, I'm not quite the right age (30) to adopt from China.

In fact, I'm just past the halfway mark (16). So I still have quite a bit of time left.

And so I have decided to start supporting causes that I believe in.

Like orphan care in China.

And US Soldiers.

I signed up for www.adoptaussoldier.org, to hopefully make a difference in a soldier's life.

And the orphan sponsorship?

I'm working on it.

I'm still a student, and I am starting college in fall 2012, so I really shouldn't be spending $35 a year.

Especially since my "job" is tutoring (and unpaid managerial work).

So I've started a sponsorship fund. When I get paid, I'll split the money like this:

(I get paid $200 per month)

$100 goes to my bank/college account.
$30 goes to orphan sponsorship.
$30 goes to care package items.
$30 goes to my everyday needs.
And the last $10?
I think I'll use that last $10 and start an adoption fund. It's never too early, I think.

I haven't found the right orphanages to sponsor. But I want to sponsor a specific child (because, I totally buy into all the stuff that they show on television. About how certain programs will send you a picture and biography and note from the child you are sponsoring), preferably from Southern China. Like maybe possibly Guangzhou, depending on what I can do.

I honestly cannot wait. By the time my senior year starts, I will (hopefully) be changing the life of an orphan. But I think that my life will be more changed from this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment