Monday, July 25, 2011

Poppy Day

Today is Poppy Day!!

Okay, this post might come off as a little bit obsessive.

But hey, it tells you a lot about me!!

Going to derail for a bit.

I have a job. (Really, I do.) But it is a family job. As in, my parentals are my bosses.

And I have a laptop at said job. On which I do no work.
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
And I work all day. From 10-10. And I am not busy during all twelve of those hours.

So, to keep myself entertained (and to satisfy my need to find out more about China adoption), I read adoption blogs. A ton. Some of my favorites? (Actually, these are just the ones that I check every day. But I do check other ones out often.)

One More Ladybug Man, oh man. I first found them on NHBO, when I was researching older child adoption. And I just love the stories they have with so many children.

Forever Family- Berzenji family. <- this. is. HILARIOUS. I found it off of No Hands But Ours (another blog that I read). A daddy blog. A daddy blog that is written by a hilarious guy. Seriously, his stories make me crack up.
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
Once Upon A Mooncake <- I love this! She has done two back-to-back older child adoptions (a current passion of mine), and two children adoptions. She is very awesome and candid.

Dim sum and Doughnuts <- Fun-ny. I love, love, love her! And the fact that she's from Michigan. She is hilarious and very real life.

American Family <- She is so very raw and real life that I love it. She blogs about EVERYTHING, very personal, very snarky and sarcastic and just, in general, my kind of blog. I also love that she has an open adoption with her Chinese adopted daughter.

And finally, the love of my adoption reading list (and the blog that got me really, really INTO adoption): Ni Hao Y'all <- I have read and re-read each of her posts. Some of them (okay, most) more than just a couple of times. She writes with amazing honesty. The way she opens her heart is astounding.

What does all of this have to with "Poppy Day"?

Well, first I just wanted to show why I am like this. (Actually, I don't know why I'm like this. I blame NHY.)

Back on topic.

POPPY DAY

Stefanie from Ni Hao Y'all (which I will refer to as NHY because I am ridiculously lazy) has been paperchasing for Poppy since September 2010. (actually, I don't know if that's correct. She'd been paperchasing since before that. I think. I don't really know where the paperchasing starts.)

But then, Esther appeared to her in March 2011. And Stefanie, bless her, wanted to bring them both home. But it needed to be fast. (Because of heart problems. More under the hyperlink). And God provided through her So Loved fundraiser.

Tragedy struck in May. Esther had passed away. I remember crying as I read that, because I had been praying for Stefanie and speed to get both of her beautiful daughters.

She went to China on the 24th, and her Poppy Day (Gotcha Day in adoption circles, I suppose. But I like Poppy Day better) was today.

I woke up this morning and danced around singing Poppy Day.

(Never mentioned this, but my parents dislike me reading adoption blogs. It's okay though. I can't keep myself away.)

Pray for Stefanie and her son Zach (who traveled to China with her) and her sweet daughter, Poppy. Because don't those pictures break your heart?

Happy Poppy Day.

(P.S: I know that I sound a bit like a stalker. I really am not (... okay, I try not to be). But NHY was the first adoption blog that I read. And it has stuck with me for a year. And I credit Stefanie's honesty and faith for giving me the idea to adopt.

No comments:

Post a Comment