Friday, July 29, 2011

Sponsorship Update: Part 2

Okay so...

I now have to choose a sponsorship. I've specified that I want to be a sponsor for older children (specifically the ones who have already phased out (14+). This is mostly because I am 16, and I want to make a difference. The whole phasing out thing makes me extremely sad. Spending your whole life in an orphanage, watching your friends be picked but not you?

I want to brighten up their day just a little.

Anyways!

So, I originally sent requests to three different organizations. It took about three weeks for any of them to get back to me.

One of them sent me an option for five orphans who have all phased out. Unfortunately, I do not have the money to sponsor all five at the same time, or you can bet that I would.

Instead, I plan on getting a care package together for each of them and sending it out. I'll probably be paying more than the yearly fee in shipping, but I think it'll be worth it for them to receive a package.

Ch*naHeart is still my #1 option, but the boy that I inquired about is still unknown. We have to wait and see if he will continue schooling (which is a requirement) to be eligible for the program. Fingers crossed.

The last agency just sent me an e-mail, that they're shipping out a package with the information.

How do I pick?

On another note, I'm almost to $70. I've been working on my wordpad document for about four hours. I'm writing down my memories of my Greece and Italy trip from this year. And school starts in four weeks. I feel like I might be sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment